Winter Duo Baby Waistcoat
PDF Knitting Pattern
Get the Knitting Pattern
The Winter Duo Baby Waistcoat Knitting Pattern is a lovely model for boys and girls.
The waistcoat is knitted flat and is also seamless.
It is worked with a different technique called fisherman's rib (also known as false brioche, because the result is so similar) and, in this case, with two colours.
This stitch pattern creates a thick fabric with volume and a good horizontal stretch.
FULL INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN IN THE PATTERN.
The step by step instructions have lots of photos and size colour codes to help you through your knitting project.
- Available Sizes: 0-1 months , 1-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12-18 months, 18-24 months
Approximate finished measurements:
Total Height: ±20cm, ±22cm, ±24cm, ±26cm, ±28cm, ±30cm, ±32cm (±8", ±8,75", ±9,5", ±10,25", ±11", ±11,75", ±12,5")
Around the chest: ±45,5cm, ±46,5cm, ±49cm, ±52,5cm, ±53,5cm, ±56cm, ±58,5cm (±18", ±18,25", ±19,25", ±19,75", ±21", ±22", ±23")
PLEASE NOTE: My patterns usually have a positive ease (don't fit tight to the baby body), having extra room to accommodate the cloth diapers which are bulkier than the disposable ones.
The smallest size 0-1m (not newborn) usually fits comfortably babies between ±3,5-5 Kg (±7,7-11 lbs).
- Experience level: Basic Intermediate
- Yarn: DK weight yarn
- Tension: 23 stitches x 30 rows = 10cm / 4” in two colour fisherman's rib stitch with 3mm (US 2,5) needles. With this yarn, I also get 25sts x 34 rows in jersey with 3,5mm (US4) needles.
- Yardage: approx. 175-375 meters depending on size
- Needles: - 3 mm (US 2,5) circular needles / - 3mm (US 2,5) double pointed needles (I-cord), or a crochet hook or a cord mill
- Knitting techniques: Knit, Purl, K1B, P1B, double increases, picking up stitches, I-cord.
- Language: English and Portuguese
THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE, NOT the actual finished item.
YOU CANNOT RESELL MY PATTERN, HOWEVER YOU CAN SELL THE FINISHED ITEM.
©Agasalhos e Bugalhos
All Rights Reserved.
If you need any information or have any questions regarding this pattern , feel free to contact me. I will be happy to help.
Share your finished projects on Instagram tagging @agasalhosebugalhos.
I hope you enjoy this pattern!!