Picnic Baby Bloomers and Pixie Hat
PDF Knitting Pattern
Get the Knitting Pattern
The Picnic Baby Bloomers and Pixie Hat Knitting Pattern is a lovely set that suits both boys and girls. With this pattern you will be able to knit two pieces: a pair of baby bloomers and a matching pixie hat.
The bloomers include two versions: one knitted flat and other knitted in the round.
The leg openings are knitted in applied I-cord. Instructions for the detachable straps are also included.
The bloomers also feature a waist cord that can be knitted or you can also use a ribbon.
This pixie hat is knitted flat, starting at the bottom rib working towards the top.
After that we will make and attached I-cord edging at the front and also the straps.
FULL INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN IN THE PATTERN.
The step by step instructions have lots of photos and size color codes to help you through your knitting project.
- Sizes included: 0-1 months, 1-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12-18 months, 18-24 months
- Approximate Finished Measurements of the Bloomers:
Height (from crotch to waist): ±17cm, ±19cm, ±21cm, ±23cm, ±24cm, ±25cm, ±27cm (±6,75”, ±7,5”, ±8,25”, ±9”, ±9,5”, ±10”, ±10,75”)
Around the waist: ±43cm, ±43cm, ±47cm, ±50cm, ±50cm, ±53cm, ±53cm (±17", ±17", ±18,5", ±19,75", ±19,75", ±21", ±21")
- Approximate Finished Measurements of the Hat:
Depth (front to back): ±14cm, ±15cm, ±16cm, ±17cm, ±17cm, ±18cm, ±19cm (±5,5”, ±6”, ±6,25”, ±6,75”, ±6,75”, ±7”, ±7,5”)
Height (top to bottom): ±14cm, ±15cm, ±16cm, ±17cm, ±17cm, ±18cm, ±19cm (±5,5”, ±6”, ±6,25”, ±6,75”, ±6,75”, ±7”, ±7,5”)
Head Circumference: ±35-38cm, ±38-41cm, ±41-44cm, ±44-47cm, ±44-47cm, ±47-50cm, ±50-52cm (±13,75"-15", ±15"-16,25", ±16,25"-17,25", ±17,25"-18,5", ±17,25"-18,5", ±18,5"-19,75", ±19,75"-20,5")
PLEASE NOTE: My patterns usually have a positive ease (don't fit tight to the baby body), having extra room to accommodate the cloth diapers which are bulkier than the disposable ones.
The smallest size 0-1m (not newborn) usually fits comfortably babies between ±3,5-5 Kg (±7,7-11 lbs).
- Experience level: Advanced Beginner
- Yarn: DK weight yarn
- Tension: 26 stitches x 42 rows = 10cm / 4” in basket stitch, with 3,5mm (US 4) needles.
24 stitches x 48 rows = 10cm / 4” in garter stitch (Knit all rows), with 3,5mm (US 4) needles.
- Yardage Bloomers: approx. 150-290 meters depending on size
- Yardage Bonnet: approx. 90-165 meters depending on size
- Needles: - 3,5mm (US 4) circular or straight needles
- 3mm (US 2,5) circular or straight needles
- 3,5mm (US 4) double pointed needles (pair), or a crochet hook, or a cord mill for the waist cord)
- Knitting techniques: Knit, Purl, simple increases and decreases, picking up stitches, I-cord, kitchener stitch.
- Languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish
THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE, NOT the actual finished item.
YOU CANNOT RESELL MY PATTERN, HOWEVER YOU CAN SELL THE FINISHED ITEM.
©Agasalhos e Bugalhos
All Rights Reserved.
If you need any information or have any questions regarding this pattern , feel free to contact me. I will be happy to help.
Share your finished projects on Instagram tagging @agasalhosebugalhos.
I hope you enjoy this pattern!!