Agasalhos e Bugalhos
Knitting and Crochet Patterns
by Sandra Magalhães
Harvest Baby Pants and Bandana
PDF Knitting Pattern
Get the Knitting Pattern
These baby high waist pants and bandana set are a lovely model that suits both boys and girls.
With this pattern you will be able to knit two pieces:a beautiful pair of baby high pants with detachable suspenders and a very cute bandana.
The pants are worked flat in just two pieces. Starting with a rib on the ankle, each leg is knitted is stocking stitch separately and then joined between the legs. Then we continue knitting the body in stocking stitch and another rib is knitted on the waist with holes for the waist cord.
The back side of the pants features short rows using the "shadow wrap" method. Don't fell afraid to try these short rows...I used to avoid the patterns with short rows, but since I found out this method I discovered there is nothing to be afraid. I made a photo tutorial with all the steps of the process for the short rows.
The bandana is knitted in one piece in stocking stitch.
FULL INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN IN THE PATTERN.
The step by step instructions have lots of photos and size colour codes to help you through your knitting project.
- Available Sizes:
Pants: 0-1 months, 1-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12-18 months, 18-24 months
Bandana: 0-3m, 3-12m, 12-24m
Approximate finished measurements of the pants:
Total Length (without straps):±31cm, ±35cm, ±38cm, ±43cm, ±47cm, ±50cm, ±54cm (±12,25”, ±13,75”, ±15”, ±17”, ±18,5", ±19,75”, ±21,25”)
Around the waist: ±44cm, ±46cm, ±46cm, ±48cm, ±48cm, ±50cm, ±50cm (±17,5”, ±18”, ±18”, 19”, ±19”, 19,75”, 19,75”)
Approximate finished measurements of the Bandana
- Width around the neck: ±30cm, ±35cm, ±40cm (±12”, ±13,75”, ±15,75”)
- Height: ±13cm, ±14cm, ±15cm (±5,25”, ±5,5”, ±6”)
- Experience level: Advanced Beginner
- Yarn: DK weight yarn
- Tension: 25 stitches x 34 rows = 10cm / 4” in stocking stitch with 3,5mm (US 4) needles.
- Yardage: - Pants: approx. 265-525 meters depending on size
- Bandana: approx. 50-75 meters depending on size
- Needles: - 3,5mm (US 4) straight or circular needles (if you are knitting the bandana I advise using circular needles, because they are more flexible).
- 3mm (US 2,5) straight or circular needles for the ribs
- 3,5mm (US 4) or 3mm (US 2,5) double pointed needles for the I-cord (you can also use a crochet hook or a cord mill)
- Knitting techniques: Knit, Purl, short rows (shadow wrap technique) simple increases and decreases, casting off in pattern, I-cord.
- Languages: English and Portuguese
THIS IS A DIGITAL FILE, NOT the actual finished item.
YOU CANNOT RESELL MY PATTERN, HOWEVER YOU CAN SELL THE FINISHED ITEM.
©Agasalhos e Bugalhos
All Rights Reserved.
If you need any information or have any questions regarding this pattern , feel free to contact me. I will be happy to help.
Share your finished projects on Instagram tagging @agasalhosebugalhos.
I hope you enjoy this pattern!!